Greetings, BFA !
It's been a month and a half since TEP's 2nd wing got released, and it is now time to press on! We're going to release the Eternal Palace's 3rd and Final Wing, 'The Circle of Stars' on Wednesday, October 21nd!
Some unforeseen issues had us delay this release, to make sure it gets shipped on Sethraliss in the best state possible. Only the Mythic mode will be left, before the 8.2 content is fully available.
We also wanted to take this opportunity to discuss with you what's next: the 8.3 client & content update, but also the next expansion: Shadowlands in a devblog kind of post. We thank you for your continuous interest!
ETERNAL PALACE 3RD WING: THE CIRCLE OF STARS
The third and final wing of the 8.2 Raid, Azshara's Eternal Palace will be released in LFR, NM & HM difficulties: it's time to put an end to the Queen's evil plan!
The 'Circle of Stars' wing will include the last 2 bosses:
On the 'Queen Azshara' fight, you will be able to loot Aqueous Reliquary, just like on Radiance of Azshara and Queen's Court from the first and second wings. Around the end of November, the full Mythic Mode of TEP should be released, where bosses will reveal their true potential: take the time to assimilate their Heroic stategies as well as possible until then!
8.3 UPDATE - VISIONS OF N'ZOTH
With the Eternal Palace raid coming to a closure, we'll have wrapped up the 8.2 content, which means it will be time to look forward to the last patch of the Battle for Azeroth expansion: Visions of N'zoth!
Since our client is currently in 8.2 version, it will require a client update, to the 8.3.7 version. Then, the content will be released progressively, to follow retail's - and our usual - order.
Our developpers have switched their focus to the 8.3 for a little while now, and things are already in a pretty advanced state, so we expect a release early 2021. Here is how we're standing right now:
- The Horrific Visions system has been scripted: those are scenarios designed for 1-5 players taking place in alternative versions of Stormwind or Orgrimmar where N'Zoth's corruption thrives. You need to hold as much as possible before losing all your sanity!
- The legendary cape Ashjra'kamas' questline is being scripted: this item can be upgraded through Visions and will offer protection against sanity loss, and against Corruption on equipment, a new feature of 8.3!
- The Mythic Season 4 Affix: Awakened has been prepared: the obelisk system & spawns are fully done in all dungeons: next step is scripting the Commanders
- Assaults development is still in the early stages, but work has started
- Operation: Mechagon will now be splitted in two (think like Return to Karazhan in Legion) and available in Heroic & Mythic difficulties. The developper who scripted the dungeon is working on it right now.
- The first wing of the new raid: Ny'alotha has already been scripted, and the testing session will begin shortly.
- As with every client update, some class changes occured: those are being worked on and tested by the QA team.
- The work on the 2 new allied races (Vulperan & Mecagnomes) has started: their stats, starting zone, and heritage armor are scripted. We still have to work on their racials !
- The new system that replaces titanforging, called Corruption has not been worked on yet. Once it's done, the spells themselves will have to be scripted.
- The reworked Auction House has been scripted!
There are still some important systems to work on, but as you can see we already worked on quite a lot of the big changes patch 8.3 brings.
We'll be able to share more in the near future, so stay tuned!
SHADOWLANDS ON FIRESTORM
Many of you must be wondering, and the answer is yes: Firestorm will release Shadowlands!
The early work on it has already been started, but it's obviously way too early to share anything concrete right now. Although, as soon as the 8.3 gets released on Sethraliss, you can expect the development team to slowly shifts to SL. As we did with BFA, we do not intend to rush things, and would rather be able to offer you a great release, much likely after an open PTR phase.
As for the 8.3, as time goes by we'll be able to share more details, so again stay tuned!
In the meantime, we hope you will enjoy the release of TEP's 3rd wing, and good luck for the first Heroic kill on Queen Azshara!
The Firestorm Team